Sunday, March 16, 2014

Erin Go Bragh! "Ireland forever" and Happy St. Patrick's Day:)


"Every year on March 17, the Irish and the Irish-at-heart across the globe observe St. Patrick’s Day. What began as a religious feast day for the patron saint of Ireland has become an international festival celebrating Irish culture with parades, dancing, special foods and a whole lot of green."  (from the History Channel website)

As I sit by a cozy fire with my family tonight cooking a traditional meal of corned beef, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage I am remembering my Irish heritage.  My husband and I have dinner plans tomorrow night so I am making this meal tonight:)  I am including a couple of links to St. Patrick's day activities and a history of the holiday for your enjoyment.  Don't forget to wear green tomorrow to school! 

Fun Fact Video (History) 

History of St. Patrick's Day and activities

St. Patrick's Day Activities




No comments:

Post a Comment