Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fall Break Festivities

I hope that you all had as good a fall break as I did!  My family and I visited friends in New England (traveling through Boston, Newburyport, and Keenebunkport)
Kennebunkport, ME
and were able to enjoy beautiful fall colors, learn some history, check out interesting architecture, and eat lobster everyday while up there:)  I am including a couple of photos for you to enjoy.

Plum Island, New Hampshire






Cemetery in Boston where Paul Revere is buried.

 
I also wanted to let you know that Sumdog has announced today that their app for the iPad is now free and includes the Snowball game for fun fact practice!





 Finally, this afternoon several 3rd graders, Mrs. Stephens, and our wonderful parent volunteers went to the Lichterman Nature Center to receive our prize money for Gobbelina, the Tango Turkey's win in the Best School Entry in their annual Scarecrow contest.  Mr. Andy Williams (Executive Director of the Center) said that, "the show must go on!" so a little rain didn't stop us from going and then spending time checking out the other scarecrows.  Thank you again to Mrs. Padron, Mr. McGown, and Mrs. DeLany for their help.  I would encourage you and your family to visit the Lichterman soon and enjoy its sights, sounds, and smells of fall!


























































1 comment:

  1. Super!!! Glad you had a great Fall Break too. I lived in Boston, MA for 6 yrs. (right after college). Love all the places you visited! See you soon, Karen

    ReplyDelete