Friday, May 24, 2013

Flat Classroom Project Judging

Several years ago I was lucky enough to attend an amazing technology conference called ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education).  I learned so much about using technology when teaching (that is when I started my blog!) and I heard about a book called, The World is Flat, by Thomas Friedman.  Two teachers used this book and Daniel Pinks, A Whole New Mind, as inspiration to start several projects called Flat Classroom Projects.  The basic idea for the projects is that the world is becoming "flatter" through technology and how can we connect classrooms across the globe.  I have been lucky to serve as a judge of some of these projects over the past few years and just completed judging videos made for the "NetGenEd Project" with a focus on "Tablet Computing".  Is is exciting to see how the classrooms collaborate and I hope that St. Mary's will be able to participate sometime in the future.
Check out the Flat Classroom Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment